Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plan
It is the governmental policy of the City of Kent, Washington, to protect lives, property, the environment and the economy during an emergency or disaster. To accomplish this policy, we must have a comprehensive emergency management program that mitigates the effects of, prepares for, responds to, and recovers from the effects of natural or technological hazards.
The City of Kent Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plan is the guide for coordinating all resources, both public and private toward preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation efforts for hazardous material emergencies. These efforts may be utilized in a fixed facility or transportation related hazardous material emergency.
This plan shall be used in conjunction with the City of Kent Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP). This plan may also be used in conjunction with:
- City of Covington Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan
- King County Emergency Management Plan Emergency Support Function 10 (ESF-10) Hazardous Materials Emergency Resource Plan
- King County Regional Disaster Plan
- State and Federal Emergency Plans when the incident is of significant proportion to exhaust local resources
- South Puget Sound Fire Defense Plan
- King County Fire Response Plan