Carpooling is one of the easiest and most common ridesharing arrangements. It usually consists of two or more people commuting in an employee-owned vehicle.
Most people have seen Metro Vanpools on the freeway, in the parking lot at work, or maybe even in their neighborhood. Did you know that King County Metro's Vanpool program is the largest publicly operated vanpool program in North America?
Find a carpool/vanpool partner(s):
King County Metro maintains the Statewide Ridematch System. If you would like to see if there's a commuter in your neighborhood who'd like to rideshare, just fill out the online application form at www.rideshareonline.com or call 1-888-814-1300. You'll receive a list of people who live near you and who have similar destinations and work hours, and information about existing vanpools. Another option is to post a notice on the bulletin board at your worksite. Your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) can provide you with a form.
Carpool Savings Calculator:
Give it a try! Carpooling even a couple of times each week can greatly reduce your commute cost, improve your mental health, and you'll be doing your part to help reduce air pollution. Click here to discover how much you can save!
CTR Program Elements That Encourage Carpooling:
- One on one assistance with Internal and/or external ridematching
- Priority Parking for Carpoolers
- Offer Employees a Guaranteed Ride Home Program
- Provide carpool/vanpool subsides
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate carpool partners’ schedules
- On site amenities such as food service, cash machines, and company vehicles for running errands and/or attending meetings.