Pat Powers Volleyball Clinic
2016 Pat Powers Volleyball Clinics
- Tentative dates for 2016
- Monday, August 1st - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 2nd - 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Cost is $145.00
Bring your own lunch
Each clinic is limited to 65 registrants, so register early
Ages 13 and up (or going into 7th grade for the 2015/16 school year)
All registrations must be made through Kent Parks, Recreation & Community Services.
Register by phone with Visa or Mastercard by calling (253) 856-5000.
Directions to the Kent Commons (75 kb pdf)
Hotels in the area
The clinic will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. on day 1 and go until 4:00 p.m. with a 30 minute break for lunch. On day 2, we will start at 9:00 a.m. and go until 2:00 p.m. with short breaks for snacks. Please bring a snack lunch and suitable drinks both days.
You will want to bring: a t-shirt, kneepads, water, personal items etc...
Important: If you are under 18 years old and received a ride to the clinic, please inform staff when your parents plan to pick you up. We would ask that you remain inside the facility until a responsible party arrives. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Get ready to have a great time! You will learn a lot about volleyball in a short period of time. It is very helpful if you show up in relatively decent shape and most importantly, do not compare yourself to others in the clinic. If you feel intimidated or bored, the learning process shuts down.
Learn from one of the "founding fathers" of modern volleyball
USC Men's Volleyball Coach
1986 World Championship Gold Medalist
1985 World Cup Gold Medalist
1984 Olympic Gold Medalist
1980 NCAA Men's Volleyball Champion
What you get
- A four page written handout covering the skills of the clinic.
- 12 hours of instruction.
- Non-intimidating environment.
- Juniors: Learn how to better your chances for a scholarship.
- No camper burnout!
- All levels welcome. (Players matched by skill level)
- The best instruction available!
- How to put spin on a ball to increase control.
- How to read players to increase your setting position.
- How to reduce movement and save time and energy.
- How to snap a ball instead of hitting it.
- Learn how to time a set.
- Learn how you should broad-jump into the set.
- Learn how to pop your serves.
- Learn how to play defense behind a block.
- Learn the fundamentals of communication.
- And much more!
For more information on Pat Powers check out his website at www.vbclinics.com
For more information call Kent Parks, Recreation and Community Services at (253) 856-5000 or register on the Internet at WebReg.
- If class is postponed, rescheduled or cancelled by the Department, a full refund will be made.
- If refund (full or partial) is authorized, a $5 service fee will be deducted and a prorated refund made.
- No refunds are given the day the program starts.
Participants are not allowed to wear any jewelry (necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.) while playing. Those participants that have medical I.D. bracelets may wear a wristband over the bracelet. Hair control devices may be worn if made of soft material and not for adornment.