Neighborhood Matching Grant Program
The City of Kent Neighborhood Matching Grant Program offers matching funds on a competitive basis to recognized neighborhood councils that organize themselves to develop and implement projects which will enhance the livability of their communities.
- A Neighborhood Grant is a 50% match of the total project value, with the other 50% contributed by the neighborhood.
- The neighborhood's portion of the grant can consist of volunteer labor (calculated towards match at $27.54 per hour), cash donations, materials and supplies, or professional services delivered at a customary rate.
- In the past, City Council has dedicated $25,000 a year in funds for neighborhood projects. There is no limit on the amount of Grant funds per neighborhood project.
- Neighborhood projects are slected to receive Grants based on these criteria. All projects will be evaluated by the City of Kent Grant Review Team.
Until the project receives approval, the City is not responsible for, nor will it pay for any expenses or costs incurred by the applicant for the project.
Applications and Information
Neighborhood Matching Grant Information/Application Deadline: Thursday, September 1, 2016
- Completed applications are typically processed over a period of 45 days.
Newsletter/Communication Grant Application Deadline: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Submit annually to enhance communication in your neighborhood.
- A W-9 Vendor Set-Up Request form must be submitted with the Newsletter/Communication Grant Application if you have not been recognized as a vendor with the City.
For more information, contact Toni Azzola at 253-856-5708 or email@example.com.