220 Fourth Avenue South, Kent WA 98032 - (253) 856-5200


The Official Website of the City of Kent

Water leak adjustment policy

Ordinance #4191

City Council has authorized an annual adjustment under the following circumstances:

  • a water leak has been discovered on the subject property
  • a water line failure has occurred on the subject property
  • an inadvertent error on the part of the occupant of the subject property caused excessive water usage
  • an unexplained, abnormal water meter reading has occurred on the subject property

To qualify the usage must exceed two times the average usage in the preceding 12 months.


If an adjustment is granted, it is subject to the right of access and inspection by a representative of the City.


Leak adjustment form (8 KB PDF) 

Send the form to:

City of Kent
Customer Services
220 4th Avenue S
Kent, WA 98032