How to apply
The information below can assist you through the online application process. If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources department at (253) 856-5270.
Online Application Guides
- Before you apply, please read the minimum requirements for the position(s) that you are applying for. This will include minimum education, experience and any applicable licenses that you must have at the time of hire.
- Do not type "see resume" on your application. Hiring managers will reject applications that they consider incomplete.
- Save your work! The online application system allows a short period of time to complete each section of the application so be sure to save your work frequently as you work through the application.
- After you have applied, you can check the status of your application by logging into your account and clicking on the "Application Status" link at the top of the page.
- If you are experiencing technical problems with the online application system, please call NEOGOV Customer Support at 877-204-4442.
- We only accept applications for positions that are currently open; we do not keep applications and resumes on file. Therefore, if you are interested in a position that is not currently open, please sign up for a Job Interest Card. You will then automatically be notified when a position opens.
If you are invited to participate in the selection process and need an ADA accomodation, please notify our Human Resources department at the time you are scheduled for testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Kent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate agianst applicants or employees based upon race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other basis protected by law.
In accordance with RCW 41.04, veterans who meet the criteria for Veteran's Scoring Criteria (Veteran's Preference) and achieve passing scores on competitive employment examinations, may qualify to have 5% to 10% added to their final weighted score from which a ranked eligibility list is established. If you are claiming Veteran's Scoring Criteria, upload a copy of your most recent DD-214 to the application. If the selection process does not include a competitively scored examination process with ranking, Veteran's Preference scoring criteria will not be applied. Click on the link to view RCW 41.04.010, Veteran's Scoring Criteria Status in Examinations.