Provides services relating to the anticipation, recognition, and response to situations which are conducive to crime in our city.
Provide education, guidance and training services to schools, community groups, neighborhoods, businesses.
- Block Watch
- Crime Free Rental Housing Program
- Landlord Training Program
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Apartment Watch
- Youth Safety Education
- Department Tours - Boy Scouts, Campfire.
- Personal Safety Presentations
Drinking Driver Task Force
The police department provides education and awareness services relating to traffic safety.
- Safety Poster Contest
- Youth education
- "Game of Life" Youth Conference
Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS) Program
Citizen volunteers giving their time to their community.
- Disabled Parking Enforcement
- Hands of Friendship (homebound visitation)
- Office Help
- Radar Trailer
- TNT (graffiti removal)
- Volunteer Patrol
Provide investigative services for:
The Evidence Technician and Custodians:
- Account for and maintain custody of all evidence.
- Process crime scenes - identify, protect, photograph, collect, and secure evidence.
- Document crime scenes.
- Present evidence in court.
Records Specialists and Supervisors:
- Enter and maintain all crime records.
- Respond to requests for records from officers, attorneys, insurance companies, media and the public.
- Research criminal histories, coordinate with other agencies.
The Financial Analyst:
- Maintains control of the approved budget.
- Documents and records all department revenue and expenditures.
- Advises the Chief on budget matters.
The Training Sergeant supervises the Training Coordinator and Range Master. The Training Unit plans, designs and schedules departmental training which ensures compliance with department directives and state law.
Research and Development
The Research and Development Analyst's primary responsibilities are:
- Research funding opportunities and prepare grant proposals.
- Research law enforcement and information technologies.
- Assist with planning and program development.
- Public Information - Media Relations
- Polygraph Examinations
- Internal Investigations