Code Enforcement utilizes a variety of tools in an effort to achieve compliance. Education is our primary tool as many individuals may be unaware they are violating City Codes. Most of the time, we can work with the responsible party and provide a timeframe to resolve the issue without penalty.
A complaint can be filed by calling 253-856-5409, by emailing CodeEnforcement@KentWA.gov or submit a code enforcement request.
Please be sure to have the following information:
- Nature of the violation
- Street address of the violation (if you don't know the address go to King County Parcel Viewer )
- Description of any vehicles (including License Number) or other items involved in the complaint
What Types Of Codes Do We Enforce?
- Blight on private properties (garbage and debris on the property, inoperable vehicles on the property, graffiti, etc.)
- Building code violations
- Construction without permits
- Housing Code violations (minimum standards for safe, sanitary housing)
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common code enforcement questions, visit our FAQ page.