SE 256th Street Road Improvements
This project will upgrade an old, sub-standard section of SE 256th Street from the "Y" intersection at Kent-Kangley Road to 116th Avenue SE. This roadway connects two previously upgraded sections of SE 256th Street. It will improve traffic flow, access to businesses and homes, and improve safety for vehicles and pedestrians. The project includes:
- Adding a center turn lane and forming a three-lane road
- Adding bicycle lanes and sidewalks
- Installing street lights, storm drains, and other utilities
- Improving residential driveways and business access
- Improving traffic efficiency by rebuilding intersections and retiming traffic signals
See a map of the project locations (PDF, 640KB).
Note: Once construction begins, SE 256th street will be closed to thru traffic from 109th Ave. SE to 116th Ave SE. It will continue to be open to local residents, Metro bus, and school bus traffic. Expect delays along SE 256th street from Kent Kangley road to 109th Ave SE throughout the duration of the project.
See map of detour here.
Timeline of Events:
December 2012 - Complete design
May 2013 - Advertise project for bids
July 2013 - Start construction
Fall 2014 - Complete construction
Goodfellow Bros., Inc.