SE 256th Street Road Improvements
This project improved an old, sub-standard section of SE 256th Street from the "Y" intersection at Kent-Kangley Road to 116th Avenue SE. This roadway connects two previously upgraded sections of SE 256th Street. The project has improved traffic flow, access to businesses and homes, and improved safety for vehicles and pedestrians. The project improvements:
- Added a center turn lane, forming a three-lane road
- Added bicycle lanes and sidewalks
- Installed street lights, storm drains, and other utilities
- Improved residential driveways and business access
- Improved traffic efficiency by rebuilding intersections and retiming traffic signals
See a map of the project locations (PDF, 640KB).
Timeline of Events:
December 2012 - Complete design
May 2013 - Advertise project for bids
July 2013 - Start construction
Winter 2014 - Construction complete. Ribbon cutting ceremony occurred on March 19, 2015.
Goodfellow Bros., Inc.