VIPS: Volunteers In Police Service
Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS) is a group of citizens who assist Kent Police Department employees by providing limited services to the community. These services are done with the help of this dedicated group, who volunteer their free time.
The Kent Police Department is proud to have a dedicated team of volunteers who help in the following programs:
- Disabled Parking Enforcement
- Fingerprinting (provide fingerprinting services for Concealed Pistol License applicants who live within Kent city limits and Kent School District employees. Volunteers do not fingerprint suspects or prisoners)
- Office Help (miscellaneous clerical duties)
- TNT (Tagging Neutralization Team - graffiti removal)
- Citizen Patrol
We invite City of Kent residents or employees, or citizens interested in giving something back to the City of Kent community to apply.
Do YOU want to join the VIPS Team?
The selection process for volunteer membership includes:
- Legal U.S. Resident
- 18 years of age or older
- Live, work, or have an interest in the City of Kent
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- No criminal record and/or association with criminal activity
- No substance abuse issues
Upon acceptance as a member of the VIPS program, the Kent Police Department will schedule appropriate orientation. We provide all training, uniforms, and necessary equipment.
If you are interested in volunteering with the City of Kent Police Department, please call 253-856-5880 or e-mail. The VIPS desk is not staffed full time, if you reach a recording, please leave your name and phone number and we will return your call.
For more information on VIPS eligibility, click here. You can also print and complete the application and mail or drop it off at the Kent Police Department.
We look forward to you joining our team!
Other Volunteer opportunities in the city