Fun in Kent
Located in the heart of the Green River Valley, Kent's breathtaking setting features views of Mount Rainier and the Cascade and Olympic mountains. Residents and vistors to Kent find an abundance of recreational attractions suitable for all ages, both indoors and out.
Opened in January 2009 ShoWare Center is the new home of the Western Hockey League's Seattle Thunderbirds and the Indoor Football League's Kent Predators. Offering a multitude of entertainment choices such as Disney on Ice, Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus, concerts and other sporting events, the arena is the first of its kind in North America to achieve LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification by the United States Green Building Council.
Outdoor sports and activities
- And many more
Kent Arts Commission Performances and Summer Concert Series
- The Arts Commission Performances feature national touring theater companies and a variety of musicians from around the country each October through May.
- Sponsored by the City of Kent, a Summer Concert Series of free concerts by regional and national performers are held outdoors in various Kent parks.
Shopping, Dinning and Commerce
- Whether it's antiques, boutiques, quaint or cozy eateries in Kent's Historic District; regional and national retailer, restaurants and a 14 screen movie theater at Kent Station; or the Great Wall Mall, the largest full service Asian mall in the Seattle area, Kent offers a variety of opportunities for dinning and shopping.
Kent Farmers Market
- Always a summertime favorite, featuring seasonal produce and local flavors.
Riverbend Golf Complex
- 27 holes of quality golf at Kent's own municipal course.