Work at a Glance
Businesses looking for quality investments will find a community that delivers. The Kent Valley is home to the fourth-largest warehouse and distribution center in the United States. Manufacturing and distribution of goods has been at the forefront of infrastructure planning for decades.
A transportation system linking Kent's industrial district to major highways combined with its close proximity to SeaTac International Airport, as well as both the Ports of Seattle and Tacoma, results in an ideal location for businesses to operate.
- Conveniently located between Seattle (18 miles to the north) and Tacoma (18 miles to the south) with quick access to Interstate 5, State Route 167 and other major highways.
- Diverse labor force of approximately 78,000 employees and numerous college and university graduates annually.
- Sounder Commuter Rail moves commuters conveniently and effciently between Seattle and Tacoma.
- Business support from the Kent Chamber of Commerce, Center for Advanced Manufacturing Puget Sound, City of Kent Economic and Community Development Department and the Kent Downtown Partnership.
- Three colleges and easy access to major universities offering student interns, faculty consultants and a skilled labor force.