Complimentary Sand and Sandbags Available for Kent Residents Beginning October 15
KENT, Wash. – October 14, 2009 – The City of Kent will make complimentary sand and sandbags available to Kent residents beginning Thursday, October 15. Empty sandbags, along with instructions for proper filling and placement, will be available for pick up at the City’s Operations facility located at 5821 West James Street at the following dates and times:
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays (10/17, 10/24 and 10/31 only): 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Once residents have their empty sandbags, they can fill them at one of the following sandbag filling stations during daylight hours only. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels.
- Old Panther Lake Elementary Site, 20831 108th Ave. SE
- Fred Meyer, 10201 SE 240th St.
- Earthworks Park, 742 E. Titus St.
- Home Depot, 26120 104th Ave. SE
- Totem Middle School, 26630 40th Ave. S.
- Grandview Park, 3600 S. 228th St.
Residents will be limited to 100 bags per household. For more information, contact the City of Kent Public Works Department at 253-856-5600.
Michelle Witham, City of Kent