Automatic Utility Payments
An automatic withdrawl from your bank account is just one of many ways to pay your City of Kent Utility Bill. To begin this process you will first need to obtain a Request Form (60KB PDF) from the City of Kent. You can get a copy of this form online or by calling 253-856-5201 to request a form. You will need to complete the form and then submit the completed form to our Customer Services Division. The form must be received prior to the 24th of the month in order for your payment to be automatically withdrawn from your account the following month.
If your next utility bill does not state "will be withdrawn from your bank," we were unable to process your application in time for that cycle, and you will need to pay the traditional way for one additional month.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does automatic withdrawal cost?
- Will I still see a statement of my account each month?
- When does the withdrawal occur?
- How can I be sure my bill has been paid?
- What if I want to quit the automatic payment process?
- What if I don't have the funds to cover my bill in my account?
1. How much does automatic withdrawal cost?
Nothing, the City of Kent does not charge for this service.
2. Will I still see a statement of my account each month?
The City will send you your normal utility statement. This statement will inform you of the amount that will be withdrawn from your checking account.
3. When does the withdrawal occur?
The payment will be withdrawn from your checking account on the 15th of the month unless the 15th falls on a weekend. If so, the withdrawal will occur on the following Monday.
4. How can I be sure my bill has been paid?
Each payment will be clearly identified on your checking account statement from your bank, savings and loan, or credit union. Additionally, each utility statement you receive will reflect the prior month's payment.
5. What if I want to quit the automatic payment process?
Call or write the Customer Service department and let them know that you would like to stop the automatic bill payment process. Remember, there may be timing issues depending on what time of the month you notify us.
6. What if the funds are not in my bank account for withdrawal?
In addition to the bank overdraft charge, we charge $25.00 for an insufficient funds notice on your account. the automatic payment agreement will also be cancelled.