220 Fourth Avenue South, Kent WA 98032 - (253) 856-5200


The Official Website of the City of Kent

Who Do I Call...

Public Works Operations business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.  Outside of these hours, for emergencies, please call the alternate numbers below, for non-emergencies, leave a message and crews will respond the next business day.

Trees, brush, or garbage in the roadway:    253-856-5600. 

Call 253-852-2121 if the situation appears dangerous.


Potholes:    253-856-5600 

Call 253-852-2121 if the potholes are large or present a traffic hazard. 

Traffic signal not working:    253-856-5565. After hours, call 253-852-2121

Street light not working:     IntoLight at 877-229-1235 (toll free) or go to their website

Non-emergency traffic problems:     253-856-5566

(Our recording will also direct you to appropriate city staff for some specific problems.)

Missing or damaged traffic sign:    253-856-5600

Flooding:    253-856-5600.  After business hours, call 253-856-2121

Power line broken or damaged:  Puget Sound Energy at 888-225-5773

Sidewalk icy, damaged, or unsafe:    253-856-5600 

The city is responsible for sidewalk damage caused by uprooted street trees planted by the city. Property owners are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks in front of or alongside of their property.

Sewage backup:  253-856-5600 

The city is not responsible for maintaining private plumbing and sewer systems; for problems related to private systems, please call a contractor of your choice.  

Drinking water quality concern:    253-856-5600


Water pressure concern:  253-856-5600

Service Requests


Potholes? Sidewalk repairs? Flooding issues?
Click Here: Resident Request Tracking System


Contact Us


Public Works Engineering 

Phone: 253-856-5500

Fax: 253-856-6500
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm

Address: 400 West Gowe St

               Kent, WA  98032


Public Works Operations

Phone: 253-856-5600

Fax: 253-856-6600
Hours: Monday - Friday 7am-4pm

Address: 5821 South 240th St

              Kent, WA  98032