Kent Police Youth Board
By leading through example, and using these values, we create a comfortable unified environment in our youth board and community.
What do we do?
If you enjoy meeting other teens, working with your community, and would like to be a positive influence to your peers, Kent Police Youth Board is definitely for you. We meet 2-3 Wednesdays per month at the Kent Senior Center from 3:30-5:00, with some other days mixed in!
For more information on how to join Youth Board, contact Stacy Judd at (253)856-5883 or firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application.
To inspire positive action in our community.
To educate and raise awareness of youth issues through youth-driven activities
As a member of the youth board we will…
- Have a positive influence on our peers toward making healthy choices
- Be driven by our genuine care and interest of making a difference
- Value our friendships in and outside of the youth board
- Respect ourselves and others with an open mind
- Strive to uphold our strong integrity through our actions and words
Above The Influence Video Contest - You Can Make A Difference In Your Community!!!
We are asking 6th grade, middle and senior high school students to enter our "Above The Influence" Video Contest! We are working to educate our community on the dangers and impact of underage drinking. This is your chance to help us out!
Click here for a printable version of the video contest requirements!
- The grand prize will be $250.00 donation to your or your organization and a chance to be featured in the next public service announcement created by the Kent Police Youth Board (some of our PSA's have been shown at Kent Station AMC & on Comcast channels)
Winners will be announced at the town hall meeting "Have You Looked In Your Kid's Back Pack" on Wednesday May 20 from 5:45-7:30 at East Hill Elementary School (9825 S. 240th St.). Invite your families! Here is a link for more information on the event.
- 30-60 seconds long
- Address underage drinking and its negative effects on community OR how making positive choices positively impacts community
- Inspire peers to be Above the Influence - for more information on Above the Influence, go to www.abovetheinfluence.com
- Include one of the following themes:
- “TAG IT” - Asks teens to tag the influences in their lives and share them with the world. This activity increases teen’s awareness of influences in their environment and how influences may encourage them to make either positive or negative decisions. – if you choose this project, please incorporate the “Tag It” notepad. Download Notepad.
“BE IT” – Asks teens to create their own personal slogan. This activity helps teens gain understanding of brand value and how maintaining a brand’s reputation affects the influence of the brand – if you choose this project, please incorporate the “Be It” Thought Bubble. Download Thought Bubble.
- “EXPRESS IT” - Asks teens to create a short skit, song or dance that educates and inspires them and their peers to live “Above the Influence.” This will help teens gain an awareness of their influences and issues impacting youth in their community.
- Must be school appropriate and send a prevention message to the audience
Videos must be submitted by 5:00pm on Wednesday May 13th.
How to submit:
- Upload video to YouTube & email the link to email@example.com
- Please include video cover sheet & waiver. Entries will not be accepted without these two forms. You can scan & include in the email; bring them to the Kent Police Department (232 4th Ave S.) or mail it to Kent Police Dept. Attn. Stacy Judd 232 4th Ave. S. Kent, 98032.
Questions??? Contact Stacy Judd (253)856-5883 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a pdf of all of the above video information!