2016 K / 1st Grade Information:
Registration deadline is Monday, August 1, 2016. Registrations received after August 1st deadline will be placed on a team on a space available basis, plus a $10 late registration fee. There is no guarantee that a space will be available.
Co-ed league is for Kindergartener’s (must turn 5 years old by August 31, 2016) and 1st graders.
- Games are four – 10 minute quarters with a five minute half time.
- Jamboree (picture day and practice game) will be held on Saturday, September 17.
- Limit 12 players per team.
- Games are predominately on Saturdays with one or two weeknight games.
- All games are played at Wilson Playfields.
- All players must wear shin guards (not provided by Parks Department).
- Socks covering shin guards are recommended.
2016 2nd - 6th Grade Information:
- Registration deadline is Monday, August 1, 2016. Registrations received after August 1st deadline will be placed on a team on a space available basis, plus a $10 late registration fee. There is no guarantee that a space will be available.
- Players will be contacted by the team coach in late August.
- Practices start in late August and are at local City of Kent and Kent School District elementary fields.
- 2nd-6th grade Jamboree (picture day and practice game) will be held on Saturday, September 10th.
- All teams play 8 league games
- Games are played predominately on Saturdays, teams will have some weeknight games as well.
- Games are played at Wilson Playfields.
- Season will end in late October/early November
- Registration includes a team shirt.
Soccer Skills Challenge (aka Futbol Challenge):
Competition will be held on Monday, September 12th at Wilson Playfields
Free competition for kids 14 and under.
- Warm-up and registration runs from 5:00 – 5:45 pm.
- Competition begins at 6:00 pm.
- Kids participate in 4 skill categories: dribbling for time, goal shooting, throw-in and distance kick for distance and accuracy.
- Age/gender categories are: 6 and under, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14 year olds.
- If class is postponed, rescheduled or cancelled by the Department, a full refund will be made.
- If refund (full or partial) is authorized, a $5 service fee will be deducted and a prorated refund made.
- No refunds are given after one-half of program is over.
Participants are not allowed to wear any jewelry (necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.) while playing. Those participants that have medical I.D. bracelets may wear a wristband over the bracelet. Hair control devices may be worn if made of soft material and not for adornment.
Concussions in Youth Sports Information